> Day to day computer work will not generally be done on a Plan9 terminal until
> Glenda finally overcomes her profoundly crippling case of automysophobia.
>
> Unfortunately however, it appears that she is surrounded by folks who are
> single-mindedly determined to keep her inside a sterile plastic bubble -
> according to these people, linux and gnu are, apparently, the boogey men
> that will certainly 'get her' should she ever leave the confines of the
> artificial cocoon that's been built up around her.

unless you're going to do something about this, you're just
trolling.

imho, it just doesn't make sense to add this kind of stuff
to plan 9.  it dimishes something very valuable in plan 9
(simplicity) and we already know where to get gnu stuff.

> On Monday 29 March 2010 13:16:59 erik quanstrom wrote:
> > > I would also be happy to hear about how non-coding activities are
> > > typically handled by using a Plan9 system.
> >
> > what non-coding activities?  ☺
> >

> Plan9: an old-school IDE and a file server wrapped into one.
>
> The mind reels.
>
> Sometimes, less is _not_ more.

i find plan 9 to be a very effective environment.  i use it
all day, every day.

if you don't, the logical choices are to (a) do something about
it or (b) do something else.