Joel C. Salomon wrote:
On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 2:56 PM, Federico G. Benavento
<benave...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 2:11 PM, Joel C. Salomon <joelcsalo...@gmail.com> wrote:
My computer died, so I'm in the market for a new one.  I figure I'd
like to get back into hacking on Plan 9 so I plan to install it
beneath a VM in whatever machine I buy.  I'm even considering Windows
7 Pro with Virtual PC, but I think I'd prefer Xen or one of the
Linux-based things (VirtualBox, etc.).

Ease of installation is important, as is the ability to run a somewhat
normal (Windows or Linux) host OS.  Are there any recommendations?

vmware, the rest just suck, qemu and virtual box being
the slowest

How about Xen?  Has anyone here had luck wit it?

—Joel C. Salomon

Years ago i had run Plan9 inside Xen and wrote even some tutorial how to set it up. After finding out, that filesystem performance was very bad i stopped perusing that project, so i can't tell how it'd go with current
Xen.

Regards,

   Jorge-León