On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 4:45 PM, erik quanstrom <quans...@quanstro.net> wrote:
> sometimes replica gets in its own way.  usually when
> it gets confused, i remove /dist/replica/$x and
> /dist/replica/client/$x* and often remove any potentially
> conflicting files.  i suppose it would be better to get
> replica to tell me about conflicts and use -s.

Sometimes eh :-)

For me, more often than that :-)

This type of situation is why I like the concept of packages that
never overwrite files in the root file system. To back out you just
get rid of the package file, reboot --> fixed. I feel we need
improvement on this score.

Seems to me with a reasonable set of mount and then binds we could
make this type of thing work, and copy files all over / would be a
thing of the past. That's what I was trying to do with my attempted
package system but failed. Possibly we could put a file in the file
system image called autorun.ini that sets things up, i.e. does binds
and whatever else is needed? That in essence is what tinycore does ...
save for the binds .

ron