> Is the porting process active?

It seems to be an opportunistic concurrent activity (which is why I
tried to create a central repo so we'd get some benefit from the
sparse multiple activities).  Most people were just waiting for Andrey
:)

There is some stuff that Forysth/Jmk have been looking at to allow for
the segment registers, but Russ had suggested workaround at USENIX
that I don't think anyone has had time to try yet.

So here's what my take on what needs to be done:

a) Simple logistics (makefile/script transformations, Sape's branch
has some of this, what the right way to do this in order to be
integrated back into the mainline go tree is an open question)
b) support or workaround for the segment register stuff
c) runtime support

People seem to be mostly getting hung up on (a), (b) is probably the
trickiest bit, and I think (c) is just a matter of sitting down and
getting it done.

I wonder if one way of avoiding (a) is just to rig to cross-compile
from Linux/MacOSX to Plan 9 and get (b) and (c) done first then work
back to (a), just because it seems like it would be more satisfying.

    -eric