2010/9/12 Lucio De Re <lu...@proxima.alt.za>:
> It's very, very helpful.  I would, and almost certainly will, have
> split the "tunnel" and "openvpn" portions into two scripts (a selector
> of some type might be good enough, but isn't easily justified), because
> I'm sure that they don't overlap quite the way the present shape of the
> script suggests.  I found it after posting my request, I still haven't
> got everything working to my satisfaction, but I think the reference to
> qemu will help.

The 9vx-tap script is quite naive. I decided to leave it that way
because its purpose is more to serve as documentation than as
something you will actually use. It is the simplest script I could
come up with, but can be improved in many ways.

> There are still questions unanswered: (1) would switching userid be
> useful and practical, irrespective of the actual need for it?

I'm not sure why you would want to do that, but I'm with ron: if you
are interested, go ahead.

> and (2)
> would it make sense to migrate the virtual network devices to vx32?

Why? The network devices are actually quite simple, and I guess you
could move the core to libvx32, but I don't know what you gain with
that. As I see it, I like the current situation where vx32 is a
sandboxing library and 9vx takes care of providing the virtual
devices.

--
- yiyus || JGL . 4l77.com