On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 8:36 AM, Eric Van Hensbergen <eri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 6 month posting for graduate students only to work on the DOE HARE
> project (http://is.gd/foRdS)
> This is the third and last year of funding, so don't miss out on a
> great opportunity to work on Plan 9
> on one of the largest supercomputers on the planet.
>
> Job posting is here: http://is.gd/foQOS

Quick follow up note.  I'm going to start calling folks for interview
in a couple weeks so please submit your application prior to October
15th.

Also, IBM's HR system has an aggressive filter which prevents us from
seeing what it rejects, so please make sure you answer any of its
questions with the stated requirements in mind.  As long as you are a
graduate student, I will consider you, so if you have to bend the
truth about years of experience to get past the filter I'm not gonna
be upset.  As a safety measure, please email me a copy of your CV
after you have applied through the official system so I make sure no
one drops through the cracks.

To answer another question publically: when would this start and how
long will the position before?
This is somewhat negotiable within a few restrictions: IBM hiring
process is somewhat heavy weight, even for interns, so no sooner than
two months after I make the decision is a good bet which basically
means January or February of next year.  I don't think I can accept
anyone after March due to the funding window closing in August.  The
term of the internship would be through August.

           -eric