> Oh, is this a telnet capable mains switch? Is tehre a UK
> version, I have wanted such a thing for ages.

Bay Technical Associates (baytech.net) has a huge variety of
these, many take 220V, many are available on eBay, maybe the
sets don't intersect but I think they do.

You need to be a bit careful since a lot of what's on eBay
is telnet-only (i.e., you probably don't want to deploy it
on the Internet).  Some of the older SSH-capable units have
slow enough CPU's that you don't want to use an RSA key of
more than 768 bits (and even that's noticeably slower than
512); if you use "real SSL certs" your CA may refuse to sign
a key that small these days.

Dave Eckhardt