On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 12:18 PM, Charles Forsyth <fors...@terzarima.net> wrote:
>> Let's try to define 'decent' for this thread -- a decent fileserver is one
>> on which close()s do not have any client-visible or semantic effect other
>> than to invalidate the Fid that was passed to them. Lets see how many file
>> servers we can think of that are 'decent': fossil, kfs, ken, memfs, ...
>
> unfortunately, fossil and kfs both can have important visible state changes
> on a clunk,
> so that lets them out.

qid.vers?  What else?  What % of apps depend on the visible stage
change?  Sorry - I'm not really trying to be an ass (even though I may
be succeeding), I'm just trying to get an idea of the actual negative
impact.  I imagine if I made this change in v9fs for Linux servers I
wouldn't see any negative behavior at all.

       -eric