On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 10:55 AM, Anthony Martin <al...@pbrane.org> wrote:
> Pavel Zholkover <paulz...@gmail.com> once said:
>> I'm typing from my phone so I don't have go sources in front of me,
>> but 0xdfffefc0 looks like the address I used for per thread G and M
>> structs - just bellow struct Tos.
>>
>> Andrey and I also tried running on a 32-bit 9vx with the same effect.
>>
>> Is 9vx using a different memory layout than Plan 9?
>
> The Tos structure is bigger on 64-bit 9vx so the references
> to GS will need a different offset. You'll have to change
> both src/8l/pass.c:/^patch and the runtime.

are you saying change 8l so that it creates code that works on 9vx in
the special case that it runs on a 64-bit system? Then we're going to
need to make 8l aware of way too much stuff.

That strikes me as the wrong direction. I think what you want to do is
what my 9vx branch does: on 64- or 32- bit system, the TOS struct is
always correctly set up for a 32-bit 9vx binary.

If someone wants to send me a go binary I can test tomorrow on 64-bit
osx with my 9vx branch.

ron