On Tue, Feb 01, 2011 at 06:02:06AM +0000, smi...@zenzebra.mv.com wrote:

> I'm not someone to complain without also offering solutions, though.
> I'm in the process of writing some C macros that might help clean up the
> source code, ensure intended bounary conditions, improve some
> interfaces, etc.  I already have some working code, but it's still very
> experimental.

Beware of macros, they provide a level of indirection that makes the
code really hard to read.  I personally have grown to dislike them with
a passion when I found the ISDN device driver for Linux considerably
easier to follow than the FreeBSD one.

Also, you have managed to stomp all over a couple of this mailing list's
most sacred cows with your suggestion that the Plan 9 kernel code is less
than perfect (some of us may well agree with you, but I'm not amongst
those) so _my_ suggestion to you is that you port the code to GCC and
do what you like with it there.

Chances are that the the changes you want to introduce are going to be
incompatible in some or other manner; at least by porting stuff to the
most common development base you are targetting an audience that may
be interested.

++L