I routinely cpu into remote servers from my Plan 9 laptop at home. At work, I
routinely
import the laptop's /net and cpu into those same remote servers using the
laptop's
Internet connection. (The machine at work has most outgoing connections blocked;
I reach the laptop at home over an ssh/tun0 vpn running on OpenBSD.)

I am able to connect to all of the needed machines from the laptop at home. I
am able
to connect to _almost_ all of the needed machines from my computer at work. For
some
reason, I can only cpu to the machine sp as bootes from my machine at work.
Every
other user is denied.

The symptoms are identical to those described in this thread:

        http://9fans.net/archive/?q='cpu+server+auth+problems'&go=Grep

I can cpu into sp as bootes:

        % import rg /net
        % cpu -h sp -u bootes
        !Adding key: dom=inri.net proto=p9sk1 user=bootes
        password:
        !
        cpu%

but not as any other valid user:

        % cpu -h sp -u sl
        !Adding key: dom=inri.net proto=p9sk1 user=sl
        password:
        !
        cpu: can't authenticate: sp: auth_proxy rpc write: bootes: connection
refused

Information for sp in my /lib/ndb/local matches that of the laptop:

        % cat /lib/ndb/local | grep sp.inri.net
        auth=sp.inri.net authdom=inri.net
        ip=174.136.104.196 sys=sp dom=sp.inri.net

and auth/debug completes succesfully:

        % auth/debug
        p9sk1 key: proto=p9sk1 dom=inri.net user=sl !password?
                dialing auth server net!sp.inri.net!ticket
                successfully dialed auth server
                password for s...@inri.net [hit enter to skip test]:
                dialing auth server net!sp.inri.net!ticket
                ticket request using s...@inri.net key succeeded
                cpu server owner for domain inri.net [bootes]:
                password for boo...@inri.net [hit enter to skip test]:
                ticket request using boo...@inri.net key succeeded

Any ideas where I might be going wrong?

-sl