I really like the GNU project's Texinfo markup language, which
sets on top of TeX, but you don't have to know TeX. (I've been using
Texinfo for > 20 years, but don't know any TeX.)

I've written books in troff, Docbook/XML, and Texinfo, and Texinfo is
by far the easiest.

HTH,

Arnold

In article <aanlktinh0btuvfzw-yqmvy-zvaouuo-4gyoj0kvom...@mail.gmail.com> you
write:

--
Aharon (Arnold) Robbins                         arnold AT skeeve DOT com
P.O. Box 354            Home Phone: +972  8 979-0381