> The following executables are installed into $GOROOT/bin as Plan 9
> a.out binaries when you run make -k install inside src/pkg:
> cgo, ebnflint, gofix, gofmt, gotest, gotype, govet, goyacc, hgpatch.
> They should be directed somewhere else by setting GOBIN, there is no
> need to include them in your PATH, the host's native executables are
> already in place after you build Go.

OK, I think I got it.  These belong on the Plan 9 platform where it is
easy to

        bind -a .../bin/plan9 /bin

to access them.  Thanks for clarifying this for me: as I have
nentioned more than once, getting my mind around all the permutations
of toolchains, tools, platforms, architectures and targets isn't easy.

++L

PS: So far I have had no joy building any of them, but that will get
fixed :-)