here's a puzzler.

Using hosted Inferno, I've exported a portion of my Linux host's filesystem using this syntax:

; styxlisten -A tcp!*!564 export '#U*'/tftpboot

I can successfully mount the exported filesystem from the hosted Linux box using v9fs using this syntax on the Linux box.

[root@linux ~]# mount -t 9p 127.0.0.1:/ /mnt/9p

I can successfully mount the exported filesystem from a *DIFFERENT* hosted Inferno which is running on my Mac OSX laptop, using this syntax.

; mount -A tcp!10.XXX.XXX.X!564 /linux-mount /

However I can't seem to mount the same filesystem under plan9.

I've tried this command:

import -A tcp!10.XXX.XX.X!564 / /linux-mount

I've checked the man pages for mount and import. I think that I'm doing this right, but it doesn't work.

I get this error message:

import: timed out connecting to tcp!10.XXX.XX.X!564

What am I missing?

--
Derek Carter
aka goozbach