My local KenFS server went down quite badly
today, with the error:

cwio: write induced dump error - r cache

and then the boot floppy I made for it, can't seem
to boot the box into KenFS. The server serves as
my local root fs for all my terminals, cpus, virtual
machines, etc.. So these things don't have a root
fs either.

In order to start to repair things, I need an ad-hoc
Plan 9 fs to boot into. I have an account on sources
and tried using that, but as soon as my auth server
supplies sources my uname/passwd, my terminal
errors out during boot:

version...authentication failed (auth_proxy write fd: file does not
exist), trying mount anyways
boot: mount /: fossil authCheck: auth protocol not finished
panic: boot process died: unknown
panic: boot process died: unknown
dumpstack disabled
cpu0: exiting

However, from within Plan 9, I can srv & mount sources
with my account, just fine.

SO... is there is any way to use sources with rootdir=/plan9
as the root filesystem for Plan 9 to boot into?

Best,
ak