On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 01:53:41PM -0400, erik quanstrom wrote:
> can you give am example where // comments with ' cause
> trouble.  i can't replicate.

I don't have an example ready at hand.

Russ correctly points out that the problem lies with cpp and not with 8c,
while careful inspection of the yacc sources including your correction to
accept // does not reveal any way in which yacc can be held responsible.

But I do not use cpp in the Go port so I have no idea why I encounter
the same problem as Bakul.  Just to be even more explicit, I used pcc to
compile cmd/gc/mkbuiltin1.c and it failed, as expected.  I have modified
mkbuiltin1.c to compile under 8c now, the problem has been resolved.

Weird, but I haven't yet reached a point where I can investigate this
to greater depth.

++L