On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 8:46 PM, Jens Staal <staal1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Alternatively - would a newlib approach be a better bet to get
> binutils/gcc going? I have been trying to read up on it and to try to
> locate the syscall information I need from plan9 libc. If anyone got
> any pointers on how to do this, it would be appreciated :)

I was unsure of the cross compiler idea. Was this to run on linux to
create plan 9 binaries?

If you really want to do that, just go ahead and port the plan 9 c
compilers etc. to unix. I did the amd64 linker in about 10 minutes.
It's very straightforward C code, far easier to port than the sort of
stuff you find in the GNU world -- someone once complained on this
list that Plan  9 C code was some sort of "old usage" or something --
they did not realize that was a *virtue*. The ?c would be a bit longer
to do but probably not much. Then you can compile all Plan 9 code on
Unix-like systems to target Plan 9.

That may not be what you meant.

ron