> what do they do with nanosleep?

Don't know, really.

> perhaps they are simply implementing a profiling system themselves
> because the operating system might not provide a suitable one.

This is Go, so I'm sure they are looking for a uniform approach.  I
guess they looked too hard?

> perhaps plan 9 could provide a suitable one instead.
> perhaps it already does.

It seems that the model is Plan 9's prof, but I don't know this well
enough to be the judge.  Definitely, though, I'm reluctant to submit a
Plan 9 variant as contrary to the way I understand the Go Authors to
operate.

Implementing nanosleep() does not require enormous resolution,
although there are complications.

++L