I found that Virtualbox worked very well when I was fiddling with my
Macbook on the way back from IWP9. I haven't tried it on the thinkpad
yet.

What would be *really* helpful is if people who have actual real live running this minute Plan 9 under some VM system would post their *specific* VM and Plan9 configuration files to the Wiki.

Several people claim to be running Plan 9 under assorted VMs, but it's very difficult for others to reproduce that success, and every time I ask someone for specific configs the response is "well that was months ago and I don't use it any more" or suchlike.

Not that I don't believe them, but basically I don't believe them ;-)