On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 10:19:36PM -0800, ron minnich wrote:
> This is kind of a fun one: stuff that DID NOT work. I like the basic idea

I generally learn more from what I do wrong than from what I do right---
sometimes because when "it works", it is not absolutely for the reasons
I had explicitely in view... so the lesson is less than zero.

And there is the classical joke about the experiment on a flea:

Researcher tells the flea: "jump!"---and the flea jumps.
He cuts one leg. "Jump!"---and the flea, with more difficulty, jumps.
He cuts another leg. "Jump!"---after some time and great efforts, it
jumps.
He cuts one more. "Jump!"---and the flea doesn't jump.

Scientific conclusion: when one cuts legs to a flea, it becomes deaf.
                      http://www.kergis.com/