On Tue Mar  6 10:37:06 EST 2012, 9p...@imu.li wrote:
> > my working theory is that i'm getting all the interrupts, but not soon
> > enough... the fascinating piece is that the olpc and the pc with intel
> > ehc take just about the same amount of time.
>
> indeed, if i set the interrupt threshold control to 1 micro-frame (they
> default to 8), i get 10-11 sec dd, say, half as slow. and ping time to my
> switch is half. and i can get about twice the throughput from the file
> server, which is still kinda slow.
>
> (hget yields about 6Mbit over a 100Mbit link)

it sounds like you have it all figured out.  but just in case there is a
spurious
interrupt causing trouble, you can check with this rather embarassing acid
script.  sorry, i can't get acid to recoginze intrcountx as a vlong.

acid -l acid -k 1 /386/9pccpu
acid: i=0; while i<256*2 do {if(intrcountx[i]>0) then {print(i/2\D, "\t",
intrcountx[i]);} i=i+2;}
7       143
14      44355
50      99090099