> Which isn't to say that installation is out of scope. I could imagine a
> proposal looking at creating installation CDs from trees or installing
> under different circumstances being code-focused.
>
> Anthony

+1. As a Plan 9 newbie, I certainly had issues with the installer. It
prevented me from using the system at all, until I came back about a
year later with more determination. In particular, the install CD did
not like my CD-ROM drive (or how it was configured in BIOS, or
something) or my USB mouse. All the talk of floppy disks in the
installation guide was scary and off-putting, and so was the lack of
any obvious way to install via USB drive.