On 25/04/2012, John Floren <j...@jfloren.net> wrote:
> I thought you wanted this to do your uber computations, not watch movies?

No, I want this to do both! Likely not simultaneously.

> And if you have full-screen 3D games for Plan 9, share!

When I do, I shall.

> You still haven't told us your usage case. Wild speculation about what
> is possible, impossible, desirable, necessary, etc. is cheap on 9fans,
> I'm sure you've seen that.

Ah, the specifics, then:
* Browse the Web
* Read and write e-mail
* Write and build programs and libraries, mostly in C and Haskell:
Haskell compiler, VCS, various little utilites
* Build various other programs: kernels, compilers, Web browsers,
e-mail clients, window systems, others
* Encrypt and decrypt data: PGP, SSH, TLS
* Do symbolic computations: solve equations and such
* Do numeric computations: now light; potentially very heavy in near
future, e.g. computational fluid dynamics
* Potentially CAD: mechanical, if I ever find or write CADware not
grievous to use; and possibly electrical
* Play music
* Watch movies
* Play games: mostly first-person shooters, flight simulators, arcade games
* Typeset documents, mostly with LaTeX

I know that much that I wish to do is not yet feasible on stock P9,
but I hope to either do it myself or procrastinate until someone else
does (^_^)

Cheers,
strake