On 6 August 2012 17:05, Rob Pike <robp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Empty dot at the beginning of a line is also empty dot at the end of
> the previous line.

This is odd, but one can live with that once they know. Nonetheless,
It should be written somewhere (man page?).

> I'm not justifying the behavior, just explaining it. This is really
> old code with, I admit, some quirky properties. I often think of
> rewriting the address code in sam and acme but never do, because a
> rewrite would change the behavior of corner cases and break people's
> scripts.

Still I think things should not stay 'wrong' just because other
scripts have been adjusted to the behaviour. I spent quite some time
finding out why my new script didn't sometimes work. It was kind of
natural to expect that the dot is on the line on which it is drawn to
be.

Ruda