I have a few programs written, including fs sync tools and a few other things.
I guess the largest one might be 10k lines.
The language is nice, although binaries are still large. I mentioned hello
world
because that was the trivial example. I saw the same effect with other real
world programs.

I admit it might be necessary, but I wouldnt say sizes are comparable.

Also, I was reading the discussion andrey mentioned by the time it happened.
I guess it didnt reach this list until now because go didnt run on plan 9 until
recently.