On Sat, Sep 07, 2013 at 06:40:48PM +0200, lu...@proxima.alt.za wrote:
> but anything that rewards greed ought to be treated, at minimum, with
> great suspicion, not with veneration.

This is exactly what I say: the user's greed wanting something for
nothing (neither money, nor time given, nor effort made) "ought to be
treated with great suspicion, not with veneration".

I'm against software patents (because one always take over from
previous ones; and because there is enough distance from idea to actual
working code; and because this is a mean for lawyers gangs). But I'm
against theft (I always buy CD and DVD; yes, I'm _the_ one...).

Imagine for example "gratis" music: here, you can download "gratis"...
the partitions! You have only to know how to read them; to work to be
able (or not...) to sing and to play. This is fair, no? What would be
the reaction? "What?!!!! You want me to make an effort?!!! To _work_?!!!
Fascism!!!!!"

KerTeX is downloadable for compilation (and I have eased it a lot).
Since I do not offer compiled tarballs to magically "have", a lot of the
people look, ... and go away...
                      http://www.kergis.com/