Greetings,

I am using p9p on a Mac.

I am able to start any number of copies of sam as expected.  Acme runs well
too, but I can only start a single copy.  If I try to start a second copy I
get:

9pserve: announce unix!/tmp/ns.blake._tmp_launch-nvfpC3_org.x:0/acme:
Address already in use
acme: can't post service: 9pserve failed

I understand that acme can display multiple files and that, perhaps, only
one copy is needed.  I am, however, experiencing two cases where starting
up an additional copy is advantageous, and not being able to start more
than one copy is a problem.

I have been able to create a Mac application out of sam & acme.  With that,
I am able to associate a file extension (txt, etc.) with an application
such that when I click on the file a copy of sam or acme is started up so
the clicked-on file can be edited.  This works perfectly with sam, but only
work for the first file with acme because of not being able to start
multiple copies.

A second issue is I am sometimes editing multiple files in acme.  Someone
calls and I have to make a quick edit to another file.  Rather than mess up
the multi-window setup I have for my current project, I'd rather start up
an additional copy of acme to edit that one file and then go back to my
untouched development environment.  (I know about dump/load.  That is very
useful, and I use it.  But I don't want to go through all those extra steps
in a quick edit situation.)

Thanks.

Blake McBride