> I briefly looked at 9front and 9atom.  I thought I would query this group
> about the two.  Is one better maintained than the other?  Does one have
> better hardware support than the other?

i'd appreciate some feedback on the usb install process if you get a chance.
http://ftp.9atom.org/other/usbinstamd64.bz2
it can be used as a live environment as well, though it's inconvienent for that,
as only the minimum set of executables are included.  this was done to keep
the image size down to a minimum.

- erik

ps.  9atom.org will be down from 21:00 pm EST 15 dec to
03:00 am EST 16 dec (02:00am - 07:00am GMT) for network
maintence.