> Merely that it would be nice if 8c on Plan 9 was the same utility,
> whether Go is installed or isn't.  I'm not expecting it to just
> happen, but I do think it would be better than what we have now.

And what would be the benefit of that?

Plan 9's 8c and Go's 8c are different programs. Different calling
conventions, different output. Right now Go's 8c uses liblink and
generates machine code. .8 files cannot be consumed by Plan 9's 8l.
Even before liblink there were serious incompatibilities in the object
files.

8c is going away soon anyway, after 8g is rewritten in Go.

--
Aram Hăvărneanu