Dear 9fans,

Is there any situation (i.e., GUI area) where both the 2nd *and* the 3rd mouse button are indispensable options?
Except for chording.

Would it be possible to create the option of merging these two buttons for machines not blessed with the traditional rodent?

I ask this because 3-button-mice (*not* 2-button-and-wheel) are almost impossible to find nowadays. Moreover, many notebooks have good touchpads to be used in situations when mice are impractical (on train, on the lap). These interfaces present pretty nice solutions for button-1 and button-3, but it's hard to impossible to do a button-2 click.

In Acme, for instance, you generally need button-3 in the text area and button-2 in the menu area. I'm not sure when button-2 in the text area and button-3 in the menu area would be indispensable. In Rio, you generally need button-3 when you click outside the focused window and button-2 when you click inside the focused window.

Cheers,
Dante