Hi,

This is my first post in the list, so it is also my presentation.

> Tried again with different setups in <riostart> and I didn't get any
> error messages sometimes but auth/fgui didn't start but it works just
> fine manually. Maybe it's a Raspberry Pi thing.

I am running plan9 in a raspberry and I am writing this mail with
acme. I had a problem while I was configuring the mail system, and
maybe you are having the same problem. The default profile has
something like:

        prompt=('cpu% ' '       ')
        fn cpu%{ $* }
        startupasfs
        news
        if (! test -e /mnt/term/mnt/wsys) {
                # cpu call from drawterm
                font=/lib/font/bit/pelm/latin1.8.font
                plumber
                auth/factotum
                exec rio -i riostart
        }

You can see that startupasfs is executed before auth/factotum, so
the namespace entries created by factotum are not seen by
startupasfs. I had to change it to:

        prompt=('cpu% ' '       ')
        fn cpu%{ $* }
        if (! test -e /mnt/term/mnt/wsys) {
                # cpu call from drawterm
                auth/factotum
                plumber
                startupasfs
                mailstart
                news
                exec rio -i riostart
        }
        if not {
                startupasfs
                news
        }

You can see that startupasfs is now called after be sure that there is
a factotum running. Maybe, this was not the problem, but in my
case it began to work after this modification.

Regards,