Well, to clarify, in the old days, if a Windows function call failed, you'd
call GetLastError to get a numerical error code, and FormatMessage to get a
string describing the error, So if the error code was 0, meaning that the
windows call succeeded, FormatMessage would return "The operation completed
successfully." Obviously that's completely stupid.