On Mon, 17 Nov 2014 01:14:22 CST Jeff Sickel <j...@corpus-callosum.com> wrote:

> I look forward to Go's fifth version control system.  Hopefully that
> one will be concise, written in Go, and not gimmicky with cartoon
> advertising everywhere.

I don't know about Go (the Go guys are probably already
suffering from a massive VCS fatigue), but if you want to play
with this idea, there is venti! Vac can take a previous score
to do incremental archiving. If you add sepcial blocks that
store two parent scores + some metadata, it can represent a
merge point.  Mapping to a filesystem view would require some
thought but I think most of the key pieces are already in
place. I have a whole bunch of paper projects based on venti!