On Sun Jan 18 21:36:26 PST 2015, don.bai...@gmail.com wrote:

> This will be the last email I send regarding this issue as I have no
> interest in getting into a long drawn-out 9fans-style discussion.
>
> I upgraded via pull, then `{cd /sys/src/; mk objtype='amd64' install};
> which broke at libc. If the issue is the compilers not being built first,
> maybe it could be documented on the wiki that they need to be built first,
> otherwise odd errors would occur during a world-build.

sorry if that came off snarky.  i am however thinking that it's more likely
a build error on sources, or other snafu rather than something that is
a systematic issue.

and assuming that you were running on 386
so there are executables to pull, it sounds like the error
was that the correct executables were not built.
do your 386/6[acl] dates and sums match sources?

do you think that could be it?  if so, it sounds like 6[acl] need to rebuilt on
sources.