> On Mar 19, 2015, at 11:09 AM, arn...@skeeve.com wrote:
>
> I know some real git fanatics. I'm not one, but I am a "fan". :-)
>
> I'll be happy to continue a discussion with you offline, if you wish.

Don’t worry Arnold, I’ve been using source control systems for decades and have
used git since the early days.  I’m glad it finally dropped the 'git-pull’
syntax
for the cleaner (clearer|easier ?) to type ‘git pull’ implementation.  If git is
the only DVCS tool you’ve used it wouldn’t hurt giving darcs or hg a cursory
review
to gain an understanding of alternative ways to slice the pie.

That said, James did have an early port of hg-git and I’ve gotten close to
getting
a new version working with the Python 2.7.x build.  Uriel left git 1.5.6 in his
contrib built for 386.  Unfortunately, Uriel didn’t leave build or install
instruction
and his version is highly dependent on APE with all the whacked sh and perl
scripts of
git-wrappers needing to go in /usr/glenda/share/git-core/templates or
somewhere, so
I’ve never used it.

If someone were to take on a fresh git port, it should definitely include a
mkfile
because that git/git/Makefile will take too long to parse and sort out the mess
get everything up and running on Plan 9.

-jas