On May 24, 2015, at 8:55 AM, erik quanstrom <quans...@quanstro.net> wrote:

>> Uhm I might be mistaken, but I guess [8192]byte is an array, and []byte are
>> slices - therefore they are different types.
>
> yes, exactly.  i suppose this implies that different size arrays are not type
> compatable
> (yea pascal).  also the fu := bar[:] looks a lot like the tedious casting
> from c, and implies
> dynamic allocation of the slice, i'm guessing.
>
> - erik

Later pascal standards supported conformant array parameters. And several
extended pascal compilers provided dynamic arrays.

In Go multidimensional arrays are not well supported. Try this:

var x [5][6]int
fmt.Printf("%v\n", y)

It is what it is. Get used to it if you want/have to use Go! Apart from its
concurrency features it is a pretty boring language but it is surprisingly easy
to write code in it.