On Thu, 8/6/15, lu...@proxima.alt.za <lu...@proxima.alt.za> wrote:
> Olimex in Bulgaria manufacture and market worldwide a very wide
> range of AVR and ARM based boards and peripherals.  They target
> the DIY market.  Pay their site (olimex.com works for me) a visit.

They do look interesting, and I like their intention to keep things
more open than Broadcom does.  Unfortunately, especially with
their vacation, I fear that the time between now and the start of
the term is too short for me to get one, familiarize myself enough
with it to teach it, get something more interesting than Linux
running on it and work out how to get them into the hands
of the students.  But if I ever do run a similar course again in
the future, I'll definitely look at them far enough ahead of time
to consider using them.

BLS