> it would be useful, to access git repositories directly. unfortunately, git
> is a C program, so it's not very portable.

Hey, it could be C++ and even less portable, at least to Plan 9.

If I wasn't stuck thinking that I could do better with a (very fancy)
synthetic file server, Venti-like archival storage, a dynamic "proto"
mechanism and an rc-like shell with its own /rc/bin directory of
commands and scripts, I'd be tempted to do the port.

And when I looked at the Git sources, they looked as un-portable as
Charles suggests.

Lucio.