Hello,

I have finally managed to install plan9 on my new workstation.

By putting back the keyboard on the PS2 connector, I have solved some
unfelicities (with the USB->legacy emulation, the keyboard switched
every other typing to UPPERCASE...).

The mouse, still USB connected and hence "emulated" by the BIOS,
does not react very gracefully but I will see if I can play with
the acceleration and the resolution to have a better terminal. (Or
if I manage to find a long enough cable to have a COM slot back since
there is the bare connector on the motherboard; in this case I will go
back to a com mouse and will be able to probe USB for other
devices---external disks.)

One thing is inconvenient: I have a rtl8169 gbe pci-e ether card, but
when testing the compilation of kerTeX (it has been fixed: it works for
the last release; rio to come for METAFONT), the throughput with hget is
abysmal: 30kB/s... The disk is not a fault, reacting well enough (I have
plenty of RAM and the blocks cache for fossil is set to 3000---it could
be obviously higher).

Setting the mtu to jumbo packet does not help.

Is there something to tune or is it simply that the chip is not well
supported?

TIA
                     http://www.kergis.com/
                     http://www.arts-po.fr/