On Sat, Feb 20, 2016 at 02:31:54PM +0100, hiro wrote:
> what is the latency on WAN?

When using traceroute, I have 42.6ms for a roundtrip
(cf. with LAN: 0.23ms).

But the very same machine, under NetBSD, with the very same ip address,
downloads the very same file from the very same external server
(downloads.kergis.com) in 17s, while hget(1) spends 6 minutes doing
it.

I wondered if the unsupported same chip integrated network card would
be a problem. But disabling it via the BIOS doesn't change anything.

Is there a way to trace what hget is doing/calling so that I can have a
clue about the bottleneck? There is no transmission errors on the
interface, so the problem is in the upper levels of TCP/IP.
                     http://www.kergis.com/
                     http://www.arts-po.fr/