On 04/01/2016 04:00 PM, cigar562hfsp952f...@icebubble.org wrote:
lu...@proxima.alt.za writes:

For that is what social media provide: a world-wide stage on which you
perform selections from your real life and any fantasy life you choose
Very interesting.  I was envisioning a system which would (at least on
its GUI side) present information in the form of a Web page, like
Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.  I hadn't thought of abandoning the Web page,
altogether, for some other kind of "social space" browser.  I wonder
what that might be like.

http://aftertheweb.org/

I was the founder in 1982 of Delphi Internet Services Corp., a steadily profitable social network that we sold to Rupert Murdoch in 1993. News Corp managed to kill it, then bought MySpace and killed that too; both times using socially deadly techniques that only media companies seem to have mastered.

Allow me to share (against my better judgement) a prototype site for builders of the "After The Web" social networking industry: http://global-villages.com/

--

Wes Kussmaul
The Authenticity Institute

office +1 781 790 1674
mobile +1 781 330 1881

THIS COMMUNICATION IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE PERSON TO WHOM IT IS
ADDRESSED. If it was addressed incorrectly there's not much I can do but ask
you politely to pretend you didn't see it. Any disclaimer suggesting that the
sender has some kind of recourse is just wishful thinking.

If I had a message from you that was digitally signed using your Sigillumâ„¢
identity credential from the Osmio Vital Records Department (http://osmio.ch),
we could easily and at no cost exchange encrypted messages and files with each
other.