David du Colombier has kept up a comprehensive list of patches at 9legacy (
https://www.9legacy.org/patch.html); it's the best place to start.

Although patches can still be submitted to Labs' sources, the last time any
kernels in that repository were updated was in 2014. Fortunately there are
other maintained distributions[*]
I'm not sure how patches made in one distribution make their way into other
distributions.

I don't know how long this form of patches against Labs' frozen version
would be possible.  As patches pile on, a set of deltas need to be kept
going back to the Labs' sources.  It begs the question of how do we
organize a community maintained repository?

[*] list of Plan 9 distro's I'm aware of:
9legacy distro: maintained by David du Colombier
9front distro: kept up by ɔᴉuɐd lǝuɹǝʞ and 9 people's front people
9atom distro: kept up by Erik Quanstrom
9pi (bcm) kernel: maintained by Richard Miller; sources are in contrib area
on Labs' sources