lower case kill restricts the list to processes of the invoking user
initial cap Kill doesn't do that.
for lower case kill, you can @{rfork n; echo -n none >/tmp/none && bind
/tmp/none /dev/user && kill tftpd}
you wouldn't normally of course but aspects of that command might be
instructive

On 25 July 2017 at 08:34, Peter Hull <[email protected]> wrote:

> Thanks, Skip.
> I thought that ought to work, however 'kill tftpd' doesn't give any
> output. (I can kill other processes)
> I think maybe I have misunderstood the host owner part. If I do a
> plain install (of 9front, actually) from the CD and log in as glenda,
> am I not the host owner?
> Thanks,
> Pete
>
>
> On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 at 20:02 Skip Tavakkolian
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > If you're the host owner, you can:
> >
> > Kill tftpd | rc
> >
> > (See rc scripts kill and Kill)
> >
> >
> > On Mon, Jul 24, 2017, 9:41 AM Peter Hull <[email protected]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Is it possible to kill another user's process in plan9?
> >> Specifically I've been messing about with tftpd, which sets itself up
> >> as user 'none' - if I want to stop the tftp server, how do I do that?
> >> Thanks,
> >> Pete
> >>
>
>

Reply via email to