Thanks,

I was thinking more about the case where I didn't know ahead of time that the
command would take a long time. I have a sequence of steps I do in Unix to
background the task using job control in the shell. I wasn't sure if there is
some kind of plan 9 equivalent to the workflow, even if it is done in a
different way.

So far, it looks like the closest equivalent is to draw a new window and
inherit the namespace of the original one by reading the namespace from the
proc. I wonder if there could be a Rio gesture to draw a new window inheriting
the namespace of the window I pick by clicking.

Chris