What do you mean by "a complete, installable system for plan9ports"?

If you mean one that uses p9p in place of gnu utils, that's something
I've thought about
trying to do before, but I'd suggest taking it one step further and
seeing if you could use
a 9p root filesystem and see how far you can take the per process
namespaces of Linux
to make it feel like Plan 9. (AFAIK, that wouldn't be possible with
NetBSD or FreeBSD, but
I might be mistaken..)

- Dave

--