Hey folks,

Sorry yesterday was quite busy for me what with 3D printing (which I'm still finishing off over the next week) and working on some of my racking here in my home datacenter, so please forgive me if I'm a bit in & out this week.

As mentioned prior I'm looking to create a digital service product to introduce new users to Plan9, I doubt we will attract millions of new users flowing in each and every week, I even doubt 100 per year but it's an option and a service which is on-demand, online and with global access almost on all devices. This digital service entails the use of interacting with Plan9 as a service via the browser which I will be hosting myself at https://daaswise.com from within my datacentre racking, I have some SUN, PC-clone, Mac servers and am already in the process of providing these services to a number of people globally.

It would give possible new users a way to interact with Plan9 directly through the usual web browser and on anything from a smartphone to tablets, laptops and of-course a home PC but not only that on anyone else's too that maintains a data connection and has access to the internet.

-I don't see a huge number taking the opportunity to utilise smartphone, tablet technology simply due to them being touch display based, but maybe someone will come up with a way to interact at a later date, if any.

Wanted to test the service within the group for a while, iron out some issues as I know ESXi is not going to be much help to me and I'm not too keen on Hyper-V even though it has a lovely install footprint, fairly simple to interact with userspace. Today, I'm testing out my ProxMox installs and seeing how they can deliver the service to possible users and failing that it could be a case of a simple CentOs install(maybe) and utilising VMs from within that like a container setup.

-Sounds like a crazy idea, but other OSs and users already do such and I thought this would add to an even more minimal, easy way to interact without even utilising an LiveCD or even downloading said .iso :)

Kind regards,
Darren Wise