On Sun, Feb 21, 2021 at 02:31:13PM -0800, Lyndon Nerenberg (VE7TFX/VE6BBM)
wrote:
> Failing that, does anybody have a copy of the original source
> kicking around?  Since the virus is going to keep me locked up
> for a few more months yet, porting would help pass the time :-)

Michael Cain's code is available in sigapl's archive.  It's a cleaned-up
version of the Purdue version that came with 2.11BSD, which is in all
kinds of archives.  It's pretty much a direct descendent of the code
you're describing.

There was a TUHS thread that touched on this some time ago:
https://minnie.tuhs.org/pipermail/tuhs/2014-July/006414.html

I think your best shot is Mark's copy of apl.tar:
http://maxhost.org/other/apl.tar
but there's not much provenance info there (aside from the presence of a
makefile.pdp).

khm