I recently stumbled through the process of compiling u9fs for a linux machine
and then connecting to it from a 9front computer. Perhaps that will work?

u9fs is a program for linux / unix that allows plan 9 boxes to connect with
9fs. The source for it was in /sys/src/cmd/unix in the ‘labs version of Plan 9.
I did not see it at that location in 9front and I don’t know if it is included,
either on that distribution or on 9legacy. There is also a git site,
https://github.com/unofficial-mirror/u9fs, which I recently used and seems to
work. There are also some useful notes on how to set up u9fs in the Readme.md
file in that git distribution.

For my distribution, modifying inetd.conf and services in /etc of the linux box
is what was applicable. This may be different depending on your linux
distribution.

in my inetd.conf I added the line:
u9fs    stream  tcp     nowait  root    /bin/9/u9fs     u9fs    -a none -u root

note: by using -a none -u root, anyone can 9fs into the linux box and have root
access to your file system. I’ve just started out in a lab environment where I
am not worried about that. If you look at the u9fs man page there are ways of
better securing the connection.

in my services I added:
u9fs    564/tcp 9fs

After rebooting, (with the compiled u9fs in /bin/9/), I was then able to 9fs
from the plan 9 box into the linux box.

Hope that helps.