The students for Summer of Code 2021 have been announced. Plan 9 was awarded
three slots and after evaluating the various proposals we will be working with
the following great students over the summer:

• Ethan Long will be working on nIME, an input method for Japanese text
• Cameron Connell will be working on modernizing the underlying data struct of
edwood
• Dimitrios Iatrakis will be working on adding support for OAuth2 to factotum

We are very excited to be working with Ethan, Cameron, and Dimitrios, and
grateful to them and all the students who submitted proposals. We had a great
variety of submissions, and I wish we'd had a few more slots to work with. We'd
love to continue to work with the students behind all the proposals, even if we
can't in GSoC. For the accepted students, your mentors will be in touch shortly.

If you're interested in following along, most of the pickup activity will be
happening in plan9-g...@googlegroups.com and everyone's welcome to follow
along. (https://groups.google.com/g/plan9-gsoc) We're now in the "community
bonding period", and while the mentors are primarily responsible for that, it's
always nice to have the whole community involved.

Welcome to the (almost) summer!

Your friendly neighborhood org admin,
Anthony