> In any case, Plan 9's ed has a nice "browse" command which sam can't match. I
> used to issue "0bn", then just "b" once per page. Or, if you don't want line
> numbers, leave out the "n".

"+,+20p" does it. Doesn't work near the end of the file, though; not
sure if that can be improved within the same expression or you just
have to know to "+,$p" instead.

I agree with the camp that considers using line numbers (other than 0)
in sam (and ed, for that matter) to be something of an anti-pattern,
so I stopped letting the lack of 'n' bother me a long time ago. I'm
sure that's not much help for someone who's admitted to giving up on
regex though; you've got me curious how difficult it'd be to add it.

- sam-d